I might not be from the South, but I know an awesome sweet tea recipe when I taste it!
Who doesn't like sweet tea? Most recipes I have found to either be "too sweet" or the opposite with me reaching for the sugar container.
This recipe is super fast & easy, and each batch rarely lasts a day in our home.
Summer is short in Michigan, and I plan on drowning myself in this sweet tea for as long as I can!
Enjoy friends!
Down Home Sweet Tea
6 Lipton tea bags
1 Gallon of boiling water
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1.
Hold tea bags lined up
evenly by the strings and make a loop knot to hold them together. Pull off
paper and staple (from paper side). Set aside.
2.
In a one gallon
pitcher, add boiling water. Stir in the sugar till dissolved.
3.
Add tea bags and dunk
into water a few times, then leave them in the pitcher. Cover with lid of
pitcher and refrigerate.
4.
Wait until it is very
cold (at least 3-4 hours). The flavor changes until it reaches the 'cold'
state.
5.
Drink and enjoy. Remove
tea bags from inside of pitcher after no longer than eight hours.

Oh yummy!!! Sweet tea is my absolute favorite! Thanks for this great recipe!!
ReplyDelete